About the Department
- With an explosion of Information Technology through Satellite Communication and Space explorations, the communication is a vital factor for rapid and uniform growth of the nation, The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established in the year 2008.
- The Department is providing a classic technical education to the students and makes the students blossom into meritorious and self-disciplined engineers by hard work. The Department trains the needed manpower to establish and develop the Electronics and Telecommunication industries in India by offering a 3-year Diploma degree(Communication Systems) programmes.
- Students are exposed to a wide spectrum of technological applications and experiments in the field of electronics, telecommunication, VLSI, digital signal processing, microwave, fiber optics, mobile and digital communication, etc. with the variety of circuit simulation and design software packages like Multisim, Ultiboard, Code Composer Studio, Matlab and Xilinx etc. to give them a strong edge in the multifunctional capabilities of tomorrow.
- The faculty members are actively engaged in research in the field of Optical Electronics, Microwaves, Microelectronics, Digital Signal Processing, Digital Image Processing, VLSI & wavelets.
The laboratories are well equipped with modern training facilities that cater to the requirements of the DOTE syllabus as well as the requirements of the industry. The Department has well experienced faculty and Staff of proven ability and diverse specialization. The department also conducts industrial visits depending upon the DOTE syllabus to improve the practical skills to the students and expose them to acquire with the actual industrial environment as well as to derive the motivation to an aspiring career. Labs in Electrical and Electronics Department:
- Electronic Devices and Circuits Lab: Teaches about basic electronic devices and the chacteristics;
- Electrical Circuits and Instrumentation Lab: Teaches about circuits basics,how to measure Electrical properties and how to use CRO.
- Computer Application Lab: Teaches about Basic Computer usage
- Industrial Electronics and Communication Engineering: Teaches about basic communication setups,circuits,industrial Electronics Circuits and PLC Programming
- Integrated Circuit Lab: Teaches about important IC’s
- ACS Lab: Teaches about advanced communication concept
- MC Lab: Teaches about 8085 programming and Interfacing Concepts
- VLSI Lab: Teaches about VLDL and VLSI IC making
- Embedded System Lab: Teaches Embedded C programming and ARM programming, Serial,Interrupt Concepts
- CHN Lab: Teaches how to setup laptop,networks and servers
- Simulation Lab: Teaches about circuit drawing and simulating and PCB making
- Production, Operation & Maintenance Position
- Junior Engineer
- Project Head
- Supervisor Trainee
More specifically the Electronics and Communication Engineering diploma holders are eligible to enter the field of Communication [Mobile servicing, Tower management etc….
- Hardware Servicing[Television, Radio & other Home appliances]
- PCB Design
- Railway Recruitment Board [RRB]
- Automobiles [Ford India, Maruthi Suzuki, TVS Lucas etc…]
- Call centre and BPO [Perot system, HCL etc…]
- IT Fields [Wipro, TCS, Infosys etc…]